What kind of filters should I be using and how often should they be replaced?
With the many advances in technology, homeowners have a lot more choices in energy-efficient equipment and accessories. Even something as simple as air filters come in many varieties. Here are the some of the types of air filters you may be able to use for your HVAC equipment.
- Economy panel filters – These come in a pack of four or five and are relatively inexpensive. The downside is that you get what you pay for. These filters simply do not filter much at all and you will probably be replacing them once a month as well.
- Pleated filters – Pleated filters, which can last from three to six months, are from 10% to 60% more efficient than conventional AC filters.
- Electrostatic filters – These are both energy-efficient and cost-effective. They may cost a little more but can typically be washed and reused.
- Electronic filters – These filters can get dusty quickly, but it typically does not negatively impact airflow. To clean them, you remove the cells, soak them in cleaner, rinse and reuse.
- HEPA filters – Although HEPA filters are the most efficient, you will likely pay a premium for these filters.
The ComfortGuard Monitoring Service can help keep your HVAC equipment at optimal efficiency alerting you precisely when your filter needs to be replaced based on equipment performance and even reminding you what size of filter your equipment requires.
What Our Customers Say About Us
"The guys were very friendly. They took lots of care and attention when removing the old furnace and replacing it with the new one to not damage anything along the way. Once finished they took the time to explain the operation and go through any questions we had. I would definitely use them again."
- Kyle J.
"This review is for Noel who came to my home to see why our electric air cleaner was not working. He was punctual and super friendly. Found the problem within 15 minutes. Had the part ordered, and 9 days later it literally only took him 3 minutes to replace it for us!"
- Joy H.
"Booking an appointment for a furnace checkup was a very quick and simple phone call. The technician was on time as promised, very knowledgeable and professional. It gave us piece of mind that our 10 year old furnace was in good working order."
- Nicolas L.