#NationalLungMonth is observed every November nation-wide in Canada. As an HVAC company, Weiss-Johnson understands how critical indoor air quality is and what that means for your lungs and general health of you and your family.
The Lung Association of Canada states that Lung Month is a time for Canadians to support and educate themselves about chronic lung disease and how to protect their lungs and breathe with ease.1
Your home is where you spend the most time and having a healthy atmosphere is critical. We don’t think about breathing until it becomes difficult to do so, and poor indoor air quality can lead to several adverse health effects like asthma or severe allergies.
Consider the following ways to keep your home’s air quality cleaner and promote healthier lungs this National Lung Month:
- Change your household cleaners to “green” brands or make your own natural ones that still effectively clean and kill bacteria but do not have noxious chemicals that harm your lungs.
- Clean dust from surfaces and floors regularly.
- Vacuum any upholstery or rugs to prevent dust mites from making them their home.
- In addition to the health risks, dry indoor air can also damage your home. If the humidity is too low it can cause the wood in hardwood floors, furniture or wood trim to shrink and crack. Invest in a moisture meter to detect moisture levels and prevent your home from getting too dry.
- Invest in indoor air quality improvement systems, like:
- Filters: a new air filter will remove airborne dust, pollen and other contaminants from the air in your home.
- Germicidal Lights: which help to eliminate biological contaminants like mold and bacteria and protects equipment by sterilizing surfaces.
- HRV: a heat recovery ventilation system can allow your home to maintain high indoor air quality without excessive additional energy costs.
- Humidifier: ensures the correct amount of humidity for your home and family – allowing you to breathe easy.
Weiss-Johnson cares about the quality of your indoor air and how you can keep your lungs healthy and happy this #NationalLungMonth.
For more information about #NationalLungMonth, visit lung.ca.
1 Source: https://www.lung.ca/
The Weiss-Johnson Blog Team
We are the Weiss-Johnson Blog Team! All blog posts are written by a collective of WJ employees. Each one of our articles is designed to inform our customers of all the happenings in the world of home comfort! Thanks for reading!